From the manufacturer
AX1800 Wi‑Fi 6 Router
Wi‑Fi 6 has arrived. Connect to better Wi‑Fi.
Upgrade your home router to next-generation Wi-Fi technology. Enjoy Wi-Fi 6 innovations that deliver unprecedented capacity, reliability and security for all your devices at once.
38% Faster: Boost to a massive 1024-QAM with Wi-Fi 6, and use up to 4 simultaneous streams to deliver combined Wi-Fi speeds of up to 1800 Mbps².
x4 Capacity: OFDMA greatly increases your total number of devices you can connect to around your home.
x4 Efficient: Built-in power amplifiers boost your range, and beamforming and MU-MIMO deliver higher bandwidth to all your devices at once with precision.
- Dual-band Wireless AX1800¹
- Wi-Fi 6 with MU-MIMO & OFDMA
- Beamforming, 128-bit encryption
- Amazon Alexa & Google Assistant compatible
- Gigabit WAN, LAN, 4 x Gigabit LAN ports
Wireless speeds and efficiency the Wi‑Fi 6 way.
Wi-Fi 6, also known as 802.11ax, is the next-generation standard in Wi-Fi technology. Wi-Fi 6 has significant improvements on the previous 802.11ac Wi-Fi standard. Now you can watch, game and browse at a faster and more efficient rate from every room in the house and with more devices than ever.
With far more processing power over any common Wi‑Fi 5 router, the DIR‑X1860’s dual‑core 880 MHz CPU can tackle huge amounts of data transfers, so you can enjoy lag‑free gaming and vivid 4k//HD streaming without buffering.
A new type of Wi‑Fi that’s even faster.
Bring home next‑gen Wi‑Fi 6 speeds of up to 1.8 Gbps. Experience a jump of 90% faster speed on the 2.4 GHz band and nearly 40% faster speed on the 5 GHz band, for a better way to enjoy snappier browsing, 4K streaming and online gaming.
Coverage that reaches further.
4 high-gain external antennas, and built-in power amplifiers work together to generate a broader and more reliable Wi-Fi signal to reach more rooms and provide coverage throughout your home².
Built for tomorrow’s tech, today.
Wi-Fi 6 works by using 1024-QAM to provide a signal that packs in a lot more data, and a 160 MHz for a wider channel, that results in a lot faster Wi-Fi with unprecedented efficiency. Now you can enjoy more of the latest tech like virtual reality without any stutter, vivid 4K streaming, and faster file downloads.
- x2 Bandwidth allowance: Boost from Wireless AC’s 80 MHz to double the channel width of Wi-Fi 6’s 160 Mhz, for a faster connection from router to the device.
- 38% Higher throughput: Wireless AC’s 256-QAM is outperformed by Wi-Fi 6 which uses 1024-QAM to carry 10 bits per symbol instead of 8 bits, improving raw speeds by 38%.
You’re the boss.
Set the ground rules to keep your children safe online. Whether you need to get everyone around the table for a meal, it’s time for homework or you need a break from the screens, the DIR-X1860 comes with parental controls on the D-Link Wi-Fi mobile app so that you’re always in charge.
- Full control: Find out which devices are connected to Covr, created schedules, check login credentials, reboot the system hand-free
- Wi-Fi Guest Zone: Set guest logins for when you have visitors and block any devices you don’t know.
- Parental Controls: Manage internet access with profile-based parental controls.
Easy setup. Convenient controls.
Setup is quick and easy with the free D-Link Wi-Fi app. Follow the on-screen step-by-step instructions to get everything up and running in no time.
- The most popular way to test your internet speed, built in. Speedtest by Ookla is built into the router and is the definitive way to measure the true speed of your Router-to-ISP connection by using the free D-Link Wi-Fi app.
- Green technology that saves your battery life. Target Wake Time (TWT) automatically helps reduce battery consumption for all your connected devices by devising when and how often transfers are required, TWT then automatically conserves energy and helps save battery life on your devices.
Multi‑device household? No problem.
Wi-Fi 6 uses a combination of OFDMA and MU-MIMO technology to increase the total number of devices your network can effortlessly handle by up to 4x, so you can bring more of the latest tech into your smart home. And OFDMA transmits to multiple devices simultaneously to make sure everyone using the home Wi-Fi uses it with unprecedented efficiency.
¹ The DIR-X1860 may not support all of the mandatory features, established in Wave 1 of the IEEE 802.11ax specifications
² Maximum wireless signal rate derived from IEEE Standard 802.11ax and 802.11n specifications. Actual data throughput will vary. Network conditions and environmental factors, including volume of network traffic, building materials and construction, and network overhead, may lower actual data throughput rate. Environmental factors may adversely affect wireless signal range.