Designed for multicamera live streaming to the internet or broadcast applications, the compact ATEM Mini from Blackmagic Design provides gaming consoles, corporate computer streams, or HD cameras a four-input live production switcher with an integrated control panel. The four HDMI inputs are available on the rear of the chassis and they input up to 1080p60 video. There is also an HDMI output for a projector or external monitor, a USB Type-C output for streaming up to 1080p60 video to a computer, and an RJ45 10/100 Ethernet port for system management, remote control, and upgrades.
The control surface features easy-to-view, backlit control buttons to enable selecting camera inputs, controlling transitions, keyers, settings, and the DVE. The ATEM Mini features upstream and downstream keyers, an advanced chroma keyer, two linear/luma keyers, a DVE transition keyer, a pattern generator, and two-color generators. There is also media player support for fill and key images, which supports up to 20 stills in PNG, TGA, BMP, JPEG, and TIFF formats. The HDMI output supports a minimum of 1366 x 768 resolution for monitoring your stream. It also supports the ATEM Software Control Panel via Ethernet, and it supports control and configuration using the ATEM Mini.
Faster Video ProductionPlus Live Streaming
Live production is the fastest way to complete a finished program, plus you can stream it to a live global audience via YouTube at the same time. The USB webcam output of ATEM Mini connects to any computer and looks just like a built-in webcam, so all streaming software for social media platforms work! With up to 4 HDMI inputs you can set up multiple camera angles such as wide shots along with independent close-ups of each person in the performance. Or you can connect to a computer with a PowerPoint slide show, video clip playback, websites, or gaming consoles. All switching is in real-time so you can live stream to any social media platform such as YouTube, Facebook, TwitchTV and many more!
Self ContainedBroadcast Quality Switcher
ATEM Mini’s compact all-in-one design includes both a control panel as well as connections. The front panel includes easy to use buttons for selecting sources, video effects and transitions. The source buttons are large so it’s possible to use it by feel, letting the presenter do the switching! You even get buttons for audio mixing! On the ATEM Mini Pro model you also get buttons for record and streaming control as well as output selection buttons that let you change the video output between cameras, program and multiview. On the rear panel there are HDMI connections for cameras or computers, extra microphone inputs, USB for webcam out plus an HDMI “aux” output for program video.
ATEM Mini is fast to set up and easy to use. It includes 4 standards converted HDMI inputs, USB webcam out, HDMI out, Fairlight audio mixer with EQ and dynamics, DVE for picture in picture, transition effects, green screen chroma key, 20 stills media pool for titles, and free ATEM Software Control.
Easy to use and fast to Learn!
There’s never been a switcher that’s easier to use, as you simply press any of the input buttons labeled 1 to 4 on the front panel to cut between video sources. You can choose between cut or effects transitions by selecting the cut or auto buttons. Unlike cut, the auto button tells ATEM Mini to use a video effect when switching inputs. You can select from exciting transitions such as dissolve, or more dramatic effects such as dip to color, DVE squeeze, and DVE push. The DVE is perfect for the picture in picture effects and you can instantly set up different picture positions. There is even a still store for titles and graphics accessible via external software control.
Stream Live Interviews
ATEM Mini is perfect for interviews as you can connect multiple cameras for close-ups of the host, or interviewee, as well as wide shots plus ATEM Mini is so small the host can even switch in small studios. You can record via the HDMI output or live stream using Open Broadcaster software!
Business Presentations via Skype
Get dramatically better business presentations on Skype because ATEM Mini makes Skype see it as a webcam, so you can select it in the Skype settings! One camera can be a close up, another for a wide shot, and a computer for PowerPoint presentations. The presenter can even use pictures in the picture!
Live Stream eSport Competitions
Live stream eSport competitions to Twitch by simply connecting multiple gaming consoles and a camera for a presenter. ATEM Mini operates up to 60 frames per second for fast gameplay and you can use picture in picture for commentary! You can even download titles from Photoshop!
Education and Training
ATEM Mini is perfect for educational videos! Setup is fast and easy, so you can travel to locations and record live multi-camera video productions on a wide range of educational topics! Connect computers and cameras and use the ATEM Software Panel to load titles and perform video effects.
Connect up to 4 Independent Cameras
With 4 independent HDMI inputs, you can connect up to 4 high-quality video cameras. Video cameras with HDMI outputs are dramatically better quality than simple webcams as they use higher quality lenses and have better low light sensitivity. All video sources will re‑sync to the switcher if they operate at different video standards so you don’t have to worry about connecting video devices as they all just work! Cameras with HDMI often support interchangeable lenses so you can change to wide-angle lenses for wide shots and zoom lenses for close‑ups. Imagine taking advantage of the low light capability of better cameras for a theater production, weddings, school concerts, and music videos!
Outputs toHDMI Videoand USB Webcam!
To ensure maximum compatibility, ATEM Mini features a USB connection that operates as a simple webcam source. That means you can plug in and instantly get working with any video software. The software is tricked into thinking the ATEM Mini is a common webcam, but it’s really a live production switcher! That guarantees full compatibility with any video software and in full resolution 1080HD quality. Choose any software you like, such as Open Broadcaster for live streaming, or Skype for Powerpoint presentations. ATEM Mini works with software and platforms such as Open Broadcaster, XSplit Broadcaster, YouTube Live, Facebook Live, Skype, Zoom, Twitch, Periscope, Livestream, Wirecast and more!
Available transitions include:
- Cut: When you press the cut button, ATEM instantly changes from your current program source to the preview source. Cuts can be performed by directly selecting sources or by pressing the cut button to switch to the next source.
- Mix: The mix, or dissolve, gradually transitions from one source to the next by creating a smooth blend. You can set custom timings to manually blend the transition.
- Dip: Just like mix transitions, a dip transition is a gradual blend that includes either a solid color, graphic, or another clip between the two video sources. Dips to black or white between sources are the most popular, or you can use logos or sponsor graphics.
- Wipe: Built-in wipe patterns include circles, diamonds, squares, and more. Shapes and patterns can be inverted or softened, and can even have customized colored borders.
- DVE: With the powerful built-in Digital Video Effects processor, or DVE, you can push, spin, squeeze, or swoosh your live video from one camera to the next with incredible built-in transitions. DVE transitions can be flip-flopped and reversed, giving you even more transition options.
Layer live video over other video sources or graphics with the Upstream Keyer. You can use luma key, linear key, pattern key, or shoot against a green screen and use chroma key to instantly composite the video over virtual sets.
- Luma key: Luma keys work best with high-contrast images, like white elements on a black background, so you can use the contrast to cut the black background and replace it with live video or graphics.
- Linear key: Get clean, high-quality results with linear keying by using two separate sources for the fill and the key to create one video image. The fill signal contains the video to be stacked over the background, while the key signal contains a grayscale mask to cut out, or mask, the area to be filled.
- Chroma key: Used every day for TV weather forecasts, chroma keys are a powerful way of combining live images in real-time. The presenter typically stands in front of a green or blue background and the chroma keyer will remove only that color and combine it with another image, such as a video or graphic.
- Pattern key: Combine live images with any of the built-in wipe patterns to combine live images or graphics with geometric shapes. You get full control over softness, symmetry, size, and position to create unique picture-in-picture effects that can be transitioned to as easily as any live source.